Wednesday November 7th was National Stress Awareness Day.
STRESS. The holidays can contribute to some serious stress between buying gifts and committing to one too many events to add to your already busy schedule!
So we thought we would share some of our favorite quick de-stress tips!
1. Lavender oil: Rub lavender oil into your hands and breathe deeply 5 times! This is such an easy way to reduce stress and you'll be transported to a field of lavender in no time! (In your mind of course) Pick up a bottle now!
2. You are what you listen to: What we listen to affects our brains.. a lot! Don't believe it? Listen to a heavy metal song and then a calming classical piece and see how you feel. Listen to someone complain for 5 minutes and then someone talking positively about the same issue! It's amazing how much stress you can eliminate by being selective with what you listen to.
3. Laughter: They say laughter is the best medicine and we agree! If you're feeling stressed watch a funny video or simply laugh with a friend! Or cute animal videos work well too!
4. Sweat: Working up a sweat can be the best way to de-stress! Often we get so into our heads that focusing on your body and movement can be the best way to get rid of stress!
5. Gratitude list: When you're stressed and overwhelmed, it can be easy to go into a downward spiral of negativity. Taking 5 minutes to write down a list of things you are grateful can help shift your mindset! Which brings us too...
6. Shift your mindset: Sure complaining about how stressed you are and how much you have to do can be the natural reaction but does it provide a solution? No. The next time you feel stressed, try coming up with a solution to the issue. It will take time to train yourself to come up with solutions instead of freaking out but once you do, it will make your life so much easier!
7. Say no: Often over committing can leave us feeling SUPER stressed! Remember you are allowed to prioritize yourself and say NO. You can't be your wonderful self if you are over stressed!
We love the saying "If it won't matter in 5 years, don't waste 5 minutes worrying about it". Seriously, give it a go the next time you feel stressed and see how freeing that is!
Do you have a favorite way to de-stress? Let us know in the comments below!